New Resource: Paid Family and Medical Leave Playbook
Ultimately, nearly all workers need to take time away at some point to deal with a serious personal or family illness or to care for a new child. Laws providing paid family and medical leave allow workers to meet these needs without jeopardizing their economic security, which strengthens working families and thereby grows the economy.
Our Paid Family and Medical Leave Policy Playbook is a summary of resources that we have compiled from state and national advocates, organizers, and leading policy organizations across the country. You will find communications and messaging guidance, a menu of policy solutions, example legislative language, and national organizations and experts who can support your efforts.
State Innovation Exchange’s own polling in six states shows strong support for paid family and medical leave programs:
- 83% of Arizonans support a six-week paid family leave program
- 64% of Coloradans support creating a family medical leave program
- 81% of Floridians support creating a family medical leave program
- 87% of Marylanders support a six-week paid family leave program
- Between nearly 60% and 79% of North Carolinians indicate having paid family leave is a very important part of having a job
- 63% of Virginians support creating a state insurance fund to pay for medical or family leave