What is the PGA?
The PGA is a new pilot project between three organizations committed to building and developing the leadership and governance skills of progressive state and local elected officials across the country.
State Innovation Exchange (SiX), Local Progress, and re:power have come together to share technical expertise in training and curriculum development, a network of the nation’s most progressive incumbent legislators, and staff with a deep knowledge of the needs of state and local elected officials. Trainings cover a range of topics including: developing a policy agenda, tools for accomplishing their goals, and navigating complex challenges of governing as an elected official.
The PGA exists to ensure that progressive state and local elected officials have the resources, assets, tools, and skills that are needed to become powerful and effective leaders by, with and for the progressive movement.
What does the PGA offer?
As a participant in the PGA pilot, you will receive access to:
- Top-notch trainers comprised of state and local elected officials
- Relevant skill-building curriculum from shared expertise of three organizations that helps participants effectively govern while in office
- A plethora of opportunities for elected officials to develop the necessary skills and gain the tools to succeed, learn and grow, while cultivating deeper relationships with other like-minded state and local legislators for shared learning
- A chance to participate in real-time and online trainings that are accessible, dynamic, and customized
- Membership in a cohort of practitioners who are invested in building progressive power in the long-term
Interested in more information? Please email Danna Hayes, Maine State Director, at email@example.com